Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Unpacking and new car buying

Well, we are now about 90% done unpacking which is a wonderful feeling. Now all that's left is most of my craft room stuff which needs to be gone through and figured out what will be put out and what will be put in storage in the garage. Also, all of my Star Wars and Beauty and the Beast memorabilia is still in the garage. I did manage to get my Star Wars framed art and Beauty and the Beast framed art hung up in the guest bedroom but most of my really cool stuff is still in the garage.

Hopefully I'll be able to post inside pics of the house by next week.

My nephew Adam and his wife are driving down from Indiana this weekend to deliver our new car! We can't wait! We are buying a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and are trading in my 2001 Honda Civic for it. This is the first time any of my family has been down here since our wedding 5 years ago so I'm pretty excited. I'm not happy that I have to work on Saturday but that's my lot in life. At least I'll have Fri & Sat nights to visit with them.

Our new living room furniture still isn't in yet and we are starting to get upset. We purchased it on June 24th and were told it would take 2 weeks to get in. Now we are being told it won't arrive til late next week. What in the world? This is not a special order or anything, why in the world is it taking so long? From what I've seen down here in Florida this is quite common. The first place we went to told us it would take 3 months to arrive so we started shopping around. After talking to several people who have purchased new furniture in the past couple of years they have all had to wait at least 2 weeks for it to come in. I spoke with the manager of the store at length yesterday and he said that all but one of our pieces is in (it's a sectional) and I asked if they could deliver what they had since I have company coming this weekend and literally NO PLACE TO SIT! He is trying to get it brought from the warehouse in Orlando to their local warehouse and delivered Friday. Considering our luck with this whole move I doubt that will happen. I was promised a phone call by 1pm today and guess what? It's almost 1:30 and no call!!! UGH! For the first time in our lives we have the money to afford nice, new furniture and we have to wait forever for it. At this rate our first payment will be due before we even see it. I think I'm going to have to call and start bugging them about this.

Wish me luck please!!! Will post pics of our new car and hopefully new furniture by the beginning of next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home