Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, July 03, 2006

We've moved!

Well, the move has officially happened and we are now living in our new home! It was a very hot day so everyone was extremely tired but at least it's done! Now we are at the fun stage which is unpacking everything. Of course boxes that we labeled "priority, open first" have managed to get put on the bottom of piles and are all but impossible to find, but that's to be expected.

We spent most of Saturday on the phone with DirecTV. They were scheduled to come out and install service at our new home. (We've had them for years and years.) The tech gets there and tries to charge us for every little thing. Installation is supposed to be free and we weren't about to pay. We told the tech to hang on and we would call DirecTV and get this sorted out. He decided to "go to lunch" and never came back. In the process of 7 different phone calls to DirecTV that day we were "disconnected" 4 times and each person we spoke to gave us a different answer. We were assured that it was supposed to be free and since the tech left, the soonest they could get someone else to install the service would be 3 weeks away! HELLO! Why should we have to wait 3 weeks because they sent an idiot to our house? We went round and round with them and let's just say DirecTV will be getting a very nasty letter from us. So we are now going to go with DishNetwork. My hubby said they were coming out today to install it. I hope so as I don't want to miss Treasure Hunters tonite!

The doggies are doing well with the move. Fozzy is loving the new house and the tons of room to run around while Tweety won't let me out of her site. This morning when I left for work she followed me out to the car and before I knew it she had jumped on my lap! I had to pry her off me and give her to Doug so I could leave. Poor thing is still a little scared.

We had such a nice time going for refreshing dips in our new pool! The weather was very hot this weekend so inbetween the few showers that are common down here this time of year we were able to relax a bit in the water.

There are a ton of little things we have to contact our landlords about. Some things that were supposed to get finished but didn't and others that we didn't notice til we were there for a day. (He also left a pair of underwear and swimming trunks in the guest bathroom YUCK!)

We finally sold our furniture yesterday which was great but now we have to wait for our new stuff to be delivered. They were hoping for only 2 weeks when we ordered it but it may be up to 4. I guess for now we'll just have to make do by laying on the floor.

Well I need to scoot. Today at work has been extremely busy but I just wanted to check in. I won't have internet at home til the end of the week and it'll probably take me at least that long before I get everything somewhat back to normal.

I hope you and your families have a happy and safe July 4th!!!

P.S. Please show your patriotism (sp?) by NOT playing any songs by the Dixie Chicks!!!!

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So happy for you that you got moved! Hope Tweety is doing better!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on your move. You're not the only person I have heard negitive things about directtv from, let me kow how dish turns out as we are looking for a cable alternative.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger DixieRedHead said...

dish=good :-)
Congrats on surviving the move!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

glad the move went well - as someone who has moved 14 times in the past 10 years, I feel your pain! nothing is ever where its supposed to be!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

glad the move went well - as someone who has moved 14 times in the past 10 years, I feel your pain! nothing is ever where its supposed to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home