Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Sunday, June 25, 2006

One down, two to go...

Well, we got our furniture yesterday! We found a lovely sectional at Ashley Furniture yesterday that was not only nicer but cheaper than at the other place we went! The chaise lounge portion (my chair) is actually much bigger AND it reclines! Only bad thing is we couldn't get them to go down on price one penny! They were very strict about the prices. Oh well, as opposed to spending over $3000 on just a sectional and waiting 3 months for it, we spent under $2500 and got the sectional with the scotch-guard/tear treatment, a matching little footstool that I am getting so that my husband won't complain about my yarn being in the living room (it'll hold enough for a WIP) and we got a new headboard! Plus it will be delivered in 2-4 weeks! (When we bought our new bed 2 years ago we couldn't afford a headboard and found a nice one reasonably priced there last night so got it.)

We were supposed to sign the papers for the new house yesterday but when we got there it was the husband and the wife had given him basically a "blank lease" and he literally spent over an hour trying to figure out how to fill it out! When it was all said and done we couldn't sign it because she didn't give him all the pages! UGH! Now, we really love the house but we just don't see how he's going to be done by the 30th! There are so many "little" things that need finishing and he seems to be moving at a snails pace. I guess we'll see but geez, this is really coming down to the wire! Oh, one thing that blew us away was the master bathroom! When we saw it the first time we couldn't really see everything because it was still being remodeled but it was finished last night. The bathroom is ALL NEW! New toilet, new sinks and faucets (marble countertop), beautiful decorative tile throughout as well as the shower stall! It's just amazing! We are supposed to meet with her this afternoon and sign. Please pray it all works out!

The third thing we were waiting on was the new car. We have been trying to get into a Chrysler Pacifica for a couple of weeks now and after we couldn't get the deal we wanted from the local place I called my nephew up in Indiana (who works for a Chrysler dealer there) and we have been trying to buy the car from him. We finally settled on the price and all and after filling out the credit app yesterday we were waiting to hear from him. He was to have called in the afternoon but didn't and we weren't able to get a hold of him last night. We'd like to get this vehicle without having to make another payment on my Civic (which comes due in a few days).

ARGHHHH! Deep breaths! I have to remember that or I'll go insane! Oh, and did I mention last post that we'll be without internet at the house for about a week?

Good news though, I have a job interview next week! Fingers crossed! My whole life is turning upside down in a matter of weeks here!

With all this going on I have been crocheting as much as possible as it helps me to calm down. I made an awesome purse for my niece Sara's upcoming birthday (thinking ahead on this one!) and am almost finished with my other niece Martika's star afghan. Will hopefully post pics in a day or so!

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my Donna...life is hectic for you right now! Try to keep crocheting and keep that stress level down! I'm thinking of you girl! Take care and keep in touch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home