Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, June 15, 2006

Plus Sized Nightie






This pattern worked up very quickly and was fairly easy to follow. I did make a change and opted for the tie around the neck instead of the sewn on band as it will stretch. I also made mine shorter as it only comes to just below my waist. I used 8 oz of Caron Simply Soft in Black and my hubby loves it. (I did make it in his favorite color.)

If I were to make another one, I would opt to do it a bit differently. Instead of making each triangle, the waist band, the straps and then add on the dress portion, I would not do that as I hate sewing and there was just too much of it in this pattern. I would instead do the waist band as I went as well as the straps. I am a size 3X and a C cup size and this is very large on me. I would definately use either a smaller hook or make it a bit smaller.

However, for my first attempt I love it. If you'd like to make the pattern it can be found here. She does a great job of actually creating patterns for us plus sized ladies and for that, I give her a big THANK YOU! It's about time someone did!!!!

6 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well I am glad you used at least SS instead of rh it's a little softer. I couldn't imagine sleeping in redheart, just seems awful scratchy to me.
I would also have to opt for the tie instead of neck strap. All in all though it's a cute pattern and I am glad someone is trying design with the plus sized in mind.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

Oh goodness no. I don't think I could make a wearable that goes next to the skin in Red Heart. I love SS for an inexpensive acrylic. I am thinking of making another one that fits a little better and for that I think I'll use a sport weight yarn of some type. Besides, I don't know about you, but I won't be sleeping in it! LOL

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger flybabytina said...

Oooo nice work! I really like how it looks in black! You take care of yourself and I hope you find a different job and FAST!!!!!

Tina

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I was just looking for a nightie pattern like that. I'm not plus size but I'm definately not skinny so maybe I could use a smaller hook? What do you think? I honestly could not find any like this on the web.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

You know, this would be very easy to make larger or smaller according to your body type. You would just make the bra portion only as large as you need then when you get to the band portion, only chain enough to go around your waist. Heck, I really think you could make this easily any size!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks!!!! You did a nice job on yours...I think mine will be RED....woo-hoo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home