Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, June 08, 2006

1st Seraphina Done






I finally made a Seraphina Shawl! It took a CAL for this over at CAL Pals to get me off my butt and actually make it, but I finally did! I absolutely love this shawl! I made it with Jo-Ann's Boucle Rainbow Yarn in Pink Tones and worked this up over 3 days. It took me approx 10 hours to complete. I used a size K Boye hook and after getting a revised pattern with massive corrections, was able to do it. I am giving this one away but I am going to start another one with the Rainbow Boucle in Blue Tones later this week. Thanks for looking...

P.S. Unfortunately I do not believe the corrected version is available on line. I spoke with the person who wrote the "modified" version and since the original owner of this pattern hasn't approved of a revision being published on the web the best I can do is to point you in the direction of help. Over at Crochetville there is a thread with some really good basic help. Once you get going it's really easy so to see it, click HERE. Please DO NOT e-mail me or PM me anymore about sending you this pattern. I really do not want to get in trouble for sending someone else's pattern without their permission (not to mention that I don't even have the revised pattern anymore). If I get anymore e-mails or PM's regarding me sending this pattern I will delete it. I'm sorry but I tried to be helpful but it's become a full time job answering e-mails. Last week alone I got over 12 e-mails from people wanting this pattern! Multiply that by 52 weeks in a year and maybe you can understand where I'm coming from. I hope the thread over on Crochetville can help you!!!!

10 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That's a nice shawl. I printed it out some time ago, but have yet to make one. Where's the one with the corrections? I would be interested to see whether or not I already have a revised copy.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I LOVE that shawl i'm scared to try one myself LOL and I really like that yarn you used :)

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great, Donna! Nice job. :)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Commented yesterday but I don't think it went through due to bloggers hiccup yesterday.
Anyway it looks great I love how that pattern always turns out using rainbow boucle. Good Job Donna.


Those looking for the revisions (which is basically the instructions written in a way it is better understandable can do a search for Seraphina on there, somewhere in there is where they tell about the revisions and who did them. Thats how I found out way back when...

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

grr reread that comment and it should say do a search for seraphina on crochetville

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't realy think it's written down anywhere, just who did it so you can get a copy.
I still have mine though I doubt she would like for me passing around her stuff given who it is so you'll all just have to ask her. Goldi on crochetville is who did what I have.
Sorry for the confusion.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

The person who did the revision was Jess (Addicted to crochet), but her computer crashed months ago and she's hasn't been online since February.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

The revision I used was the one Goldi did. I have no idea about any other ones.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Beautiful beautiful colors...WOW!
Glad to hear your foot is feeling better too!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Shelle said...

Donnalynn, that's beautiful!! I don't see how you can part with it! I couldn't - of course pink is my fav color. You did a great job on it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home