Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, June 03, 2006

1st Chemo Cap Done!

I finally did it! One of my customers is going back in for chemo and was depressed about losing her hair again so I made her a chemo cap. I had never made one before (been meaning to) but never got around to it. I wanted to make sure she'd have one when she came in next. I whipped my first one up in just a couple of hourse using Lion Brand MicroSpun and Fun Fur. When she came in yesterday I gave it to her and she was tickled pink! She couldn't believe it! She came back in again today (to reborrow) and she said she had gotten several comments about it and how much her son said it knocked off several years. To know how much confidence it gave her made me feel so good. I am going to make it a point to start making a certain number of chemo caps throughout the year and give them away to local treatment centers. I was just so happy that she liked it and that it put a smile on her face!

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

It feels so good to give like that! By the way...how is your foot feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home