Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, June 01, 2006

Yup, we are moving!

Well, we will officially be moving on June 30th and July 1st. What a way for me to spend my birthday huh? If anyone here has me in a swap or anything and I haven't contacted you yet, please e-mail me so that I can give you my new info. The post office will not forward packages so I want to make sure that I get all my lovely puffies and such!!!

Now I have to contact all the utility companies and such and get everything switched over. We're not sure what we're going to do about our land line phone and DSL service. The only people that ever call our home phone is Doug's mom and telemarketers so really why do we need it? I use my cell for all my long distance calls. The only reason we haven't gotten rid of it to date is because we use Sprint for our DSL service and you need to have standard phone service for that. Sprint is not only a rip off but there are other companies we could use. We love our DirecTV with Tivo but are not going to pay over $500 to install their cable modem especially as we'll not only lose picture but internet when it rains. We don't want to switch to cable but may take advantage of the cable high speed service which you can get without having cable. I think they charge you a little bit more if you don't have cable but in the long run I think it'll be better than Sprint. We'll see but right now we're in the "thinking" faze. If anyone has good suggestions, please let me know!

The cool thing about moving a month earlier than we thought is that we'll have another extra month to enjoy the pool before winter gets here. To say I'm ansy to get in there is putting it mildly. We had one of those nice above ground 18 foot pools they sell at Wal-Mart and it was really nice but after hurting my leg last year I knew I wouldn't be able to climb up and down the ladder so we didn't put it up. However, getting in and out of an inground pool is something I will be able to do. Not only that, but it's a lap pool so Doug and I will be able to do water-aerobics in it (something we couldn't do in our little above ground pool) and try and get some of this weight off.

Well, I had better get back to work... Just wanted to pass this info along to those of you who may be mailing me something in the near future!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home