Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Tuesday, June 06, 2006

WIP's and other ramblings

Well I woke up this morning at 3:30 and couldn't go back to bed so I picked up the corrected pattern for the Seraphina Shawl, my fave Boye size K hook and a new skein of Rainbow Boucle yarn in pink tones. It was the perfect time to get started on this and I'm so glad I did. I have it about 1/2 way finished right now! It's going to be beautiful when done!

I'm also finishing up my portion of the Survivor CAL (should have it done by Friday) and it's soooooo cute! Can't wait til the voting begins!

I still have a few more rows left on my sisters lapghan. I'm doing hers in 3 different colors of Bernat Soft Boucle in a ripple pattern. The colors which I got because they were on clearance worked out so nicely together.

I finally pretty much finished my mom's sweater that I started last year but doggone it, I cannot find the magazine the pattern was in and I need to do the trim and button holes. Oh well, we are moving at the end of the month and I am hopeful either when I pack or unpack I'll find it.

I haven't picked up the pinwheels in awhile. Just can't bring myself to get back on the horse on this one. I hope after a couple of relatively mindless and easy projects I'll be ready to pick that one back up again soon.

What else? Oh, I'm putting the finishing touches on my pals Small Toys for the swap. I'm sure there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

Well, my foot seems to be doing much better. I am able to put weight on my foot now and stand up for a minute or so at a time which I couldn't really do before without being in massive pain. My hand is bothering me a little more with all the use from the crutches but it appears to be healing well.

I have to go to Wal-Mart tonite as I am out of lunches and we need just a few things like bread and milk. Can't walk too far yet so I'll have to use one of the little scooters. I hate using them but I am glad they have them available.

Doug's been so good about taking care of me and doing the dishes and such. It's been almost 3 weeks now that I haven't been able to do anything. I am really ready to get back to normal.

I am going to try and start packing up my craft room tonite. (SOB SOB SOB) it's going to kill me but it must be done. I will of course leave one box of my crochet stash within reach at all times and I think I'll bring a few extra things to work with me so that just in case my boxes get moved to where I can't get to them, I'll have something to work on.

The air conditioner finally got fixed here at work yesterday! It feels sooooo nice in here today! Last week was just horrendous. Most days when I left it was 95 degrees in here. It only ended up costing $60 to fix so at least it wasn't something major (not like I paid anyway!).

I'd like to leave today's note on this note:

Life is precious. Enjoy every moment you are given. If you enjoy spending your time trashing other people, making fun of them and sending them nasty e-mails or flaming them on your blogs, you are not worth my time. We are all mortal beings and will meet Jesus one day. I choose to live for the Lord and to enjoy this life He has given me and cherish what I have. I may not agree with everyone and may think some crocheted items are ugly but I'm not going to spend my time making others feel like sludge. We are all given a choice in life and must choose our own paths. Let's all try to love one another instead of tearing each other down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home