Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Flying Afghan Squares




I started out by making some squares for my square swap partners and was tired of the same old 12 inch squares on line so I went through my 2006 Crochet Pattern A Day Calendar and decided to do a couple of The Crochet Dude's from his Flying Afghan pattern.

These squares are not for the faint of heart. They are pretty advanced but are written well and work up just beautifully! I had the Red White and Blue yarns with me so did these 2 in those colors. Now I've decided to go ahead and make the whole afghan. I am going to do it all in the red white and blue and will give it to some lucky family member in the end. Just wanted to share...

For anyone in CAL Pals, we are putting together a CAL for this to start tentatively in August! Come join in the fun!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I hope I don't miss the start of this new CAL....I really really want to do one with working on an afghan. I'm in a red, white, and blue mood lately...been working on a flag afghan myself. Yours looks great!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great, Donna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home