Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, June 15, 2006

My current WIP ~ Little Star Afghan


I am such a dope. I missed my niece Martika's 16th birthday a couple of weeks ago. With the move and all I totally forgot to call and wish her a happy birthday. And I call myself an Aunt? Well, she's quite a bit like me and loves hot pink so I thought I would make her a cool afghan.

I'm using my fave acrylic, Simply Soft in Soft Pink, Watermelon and Coconut. I am changing colors from lightest to darkest every 2 rows and I must say I am loving the way it's coming together! I completed this much yesterday so hopefully I'll be finished in no time.

I plan to make this quite larger than the size called for in the pattern. Instead of it being baby size, it'll be adult size.

P.S. You'll notice I've gotten quite a lot done in the way of crocheting lately. The stress of moving is really taking it's toll on me so I've been literally spending almost every free moment with hook in hand. It really does help to calm me down. I can't handle living with boxes everywhere and everything in disarray. I will feel so much better once we are in our new home and settled in...

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm starting mine today!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home