Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Day Dad!


I was blessed with the best parents anyone could ask for! My dad worked his entire life to take care of us. I never knew the hardships he and mom went through while we were kids. He took a brown bag to work every day so us kids could have nice things. My parents struggled to make ends meet, yet my brother, sister and I never knew how little money we really had growing up. My parents didn't argue in front of us. (When my mom was mad she'd go in the kitchen and bang cupboards around, but for the most part, we never saw them arguing or anything. They saved that for when we weren't around.) They always made sure we had a great big Christmas, yet they very rarely got each other big gifts. It was always all about the kids.

Now that my mom is gone, I only have him left. I hate the fact that I live so far away and can't come visit often but I do think about him all the time. God blessed me with 2 wonderful parents, and that's more than enough for me!

Happy Father's Day Dad! You're the best!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home