Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm still alive!

Yes, I'm still here, but busy as always! I do have some pics to post and will try to do that this weekend.

Still working a lot and organizing and making plans for our trip up north this summer. We sat down yesterday for the first time to figure out an approx on gas and such and if gas stays the same (i'm sure it'll be more expensive come july) it'll cost us around $400 alone in gas! UGH! Not to mention tolls, food, hotel and other stuff. I'm going to start working as much overtime as I can muster and still feel alive. I worked 1/2 a day yesterday and so if I worked 1/2 a day overtime every week it would sure put a dent in the budget for our trip!

This week was very very rough. As if I didn't have a very pregnant woman to deal with at work already but I found out that ANOTHER one of my co-workers is expecting. It was just a slap in the face. She already has 2 kids, not married but living with man, doesn't tell the gov't. You know the type. She gets all these benefits for the kids that us honest taxpayers pay and here she is having another one! Am I missing something here? I'm MARRIED, waited til I was older than 14 years old and am pretty well established, not to mention, want a child very badly, yet month after month this miracle happens to everyone else I see but me. Yes, I know, pity party for Donna but it is very difficult to deal with. And it isn't just me! I know people who are in the same boat I'm in and it just doesn't seem right. It's one of those things I'll never understand.

Ok, enough crying for now. I did manage to find the rest of the yarn I needed for my niece's bedspread so I've been working on it quite a bit. I think it'll be really nice when it's finished but it's a little bit more of a pain than I thought it would be. I have to really concentrate and COUNT COUNT COUNT all the time! It isn't one of those mindless projects!

Well, that's about it from here for the moment. I'll try to get some new pics posted soon! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home