Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baby Blankets and Easter Bunnies!

I actually finished a project that wasn't one of the ghans for the Florida victims! LOL One of my co-workers if having a baby (a girl) and so I decided to make her a baby ghan. I got the pattern from Lion Brand and it's actually taken from the baby hooded blanket pattern but I just didn't do the hood. I used Bernat Coordinates and love the way the colors worked out! One of my other co-workers was so impressed that she has comissioned me to make her 2 of the exact same blankets for her but only in blue instead of pink! (She's got 2 grandsons on the way this summer!) Dummy me tells her I'll do both for $40! UGH! The yarn itself is almost $8 for each blanket! Am I too afraid to ask for what I should get? I think I should have easily asked for $50 for each and I'm quite certain she would have paid it but I just couldn't do it. Am I a sucker or what? Anyway, here's the one I made for the girl. It really is a nice and easy pattern so maybe I'll make more down the road and sell them on etsy!



Last week we had a "Spring Fling" picnic at work to celebrate the first day of spring. I was asked to make a "Spring" cake and after that, someone suggested I make a bunny, so I did. I used Red Velvet cake (got the idea from Steel Magnolias! LOL) and used Fondant for his ears and tail. Everyone raved about this cake and loved how he looked like he was bleeding when we were cutting him open! LOL



2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that part of Steel Magnolias!
I like the blanket. I am always doing that about pricing as well.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That bunny cake is adorable .....and yummy lookin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home