Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, February 05, 2007

Donations needed for Florida Tornado Victims

After the devistation of the tornadoes last week here in the corner of the world where I live, I wanted to do something. The Villages are only about 10 miles away from where I live and Lake County is just a bit farther. These storms literally passed right over us and hit many other people. So far 20 people are known to have lost their lives and the devistation in these areas are horrible.

There's not a lot that can be done but rebuild. One of the things I think about in times like this are that these people lost everything. Photographs, family heirlooms and everything else you and I take for granted will always be there.

I am organizing a charity blitz of sorts and have asked those on the message boards I frequent as well as here on my blog to help. I would like to give these people as many comfortghans as are possible. I am collecting 12 inch squares which I will stitch together and hand deliver myself. 12 - 12 inch squares will make ONE comfortghan. In just a few hours time yesterday I was able to stitch 5 squares myself so I know this can be done. Fancy patterns and specialty yarn are NOT necessary! Grab ANY worsted weight yarn in any color(s) and get started on some squares! If you knit, send those to me as well! If you would rather donate an entire afghan, that's fine too. Anything you can send will help. I am hoping that the people who receive these gifts will find some healing out of this tragedy.

If you'd like to help out, please post a comment here with however I can get in touch with you. If you give me your e-mail address in the comment I will not publish it so that others won't have access to it. I am thinking the end of February for a time frame. Right now they really aren't letting people into the area so I'm thinking if I have everything by the end of the month maybe by then I'll be able to have a clear idea where to drop these items off. THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home