Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Craft Room Pics

Ok, I promised pics and I try to keep my promises so here ya go!

I'm starting out with the craft room which is "my little space". It's not completed yet but eventually I'll probably have a small table in the middle of the room to do my scrapbooking, painting and such and I also plan to get one of those cool Paint racks that hold 100's of tubes of acrylic paint. However, for what it's worth, here it is:

This is a pic of my "yarn area". I have had these shelves for years now and decided it would be great to lay them horizontally and store my yarn in it. I pretty much have it seperated by sections. Acrylics, fancy, cotton, thread, homespun, etc. On the bottom left I started putting pattern books and mags there for lack of a better place (but I have tons more) and on the upper left I am currently using that for all my ceramic and wooden figurines that need to be painted. The top of the shelves are just kinda filled with all kinds of stuff for the moment but eventually I will probably put binders with patterns and such there.




This really isn't a great picture but it kinda gives you an idea of how the room is laid out. The blueish plastic unit against the left wall is currently overflowing with my acrylic paints. As soon as I can get that Paint Housing unit it'll go there. You can also see the crate on the floor next to the door. That's where all my "balls" of yarn have wound up.




Ok, this one is my ever-messy desk area. I also had much more room in this house than in the old one in which to hang all my autographed and celebrity-meet pics in. They are nicely spread out in my room as opposed to being all crammed together.



This last one is where my TV and "entertainment" area is located. In the old house I used those pink shelves vertically and had the TV on top of it but changed it around here. Currently it's on top of my cedar chest. I've had it since I can remember and it's full of all kinds of stuff I kept when I was a kid. I can't bear to part with it. It really needs to be re-painted though. I know it was in the family before I got it so it's at least 40 years old if not older. Sometime in the next year I plan on stripping it and restaining it or repainting it in someway.



Well, that's my ugly craft room! Like I said, nothing special, but it's home!

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Oh, Donna, your craft room is coming along beautiful. And...what a great purse...and in one night...you are good!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home