Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, May 01, 2006

Back to work

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, right? My weeklong vacation is over and I had to trudge back to the office this morning. UGH is the only word I can think of to describe it... Of course, being gone for a week I had a ton of loose ends to tie up as well as some fires to put out. What is so hard about telling someone "Look, the manager is on vacation this week, she will call you back on Monday." Nope, this one customer of mine who is a royal pain in the butt called poor Nichole (my fill in person) several times hounding her about her taxes. This woman is a nightmare! Her name is spelled Diana but it's pronounced Deana. She gets really nasty with you if you call her Diana... Well someone who doesn't know her isn't going to know to pronounce it differently. Ah well, you can't please everyone...

I didn't really get to do any crocheting today as I was pretty busy but I ran out of the Pink yarn I was using for the body of the Molly Weasley sweater I'm making. After trying several different places I finally found that color. I tried Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and Michaels. It wasn't til I got to Rag Shop that I found it and it was the last skein. Speaking of that, there was hardly any yarn at Rag Shop. All the bins were practically bare. I asked a clerk what was going on and she said they were switching vendors and haven't been able to get any new yarn in for months... You know, it isn't just there. Jo-Ann's is pretty bad nowadays as well.

Well, I'm off to clean the kitchen and try and get a little hooking in before bed...

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I think it's time we all open yarn stores in our hometowns....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home