Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, April 27, 2006

Can't we all just get along?

This past week has been a little crazy. On Tuesday, many of us went to our 'once' fave place Crochetville to see a notice posted that they were on "Vacation" and were sorry they were shutting things down for awhile. Now, I was one of the people who thought it was done in haste and should have been handled a little better. Yes, as a member there, it would have been nice to have been given some warning so that those of us who still wish to communicate with our friends would have had time to get each others e-mails and such.

That being said, why do some people feel the need to bash Donna (the owner of the board) over and over again? I am sick and tired of all the back-biting, moaning, complaining and expecting her to stop what she's doind and provide a spread-sheet of the site's monetary checks and balances.

Good grief people! This is a nice little Crochet forum, NOT A BUSINESS! Donna just had a baby and instead of enjoying one of the most wonderful times of her life she has to deal with people who can't stop bashing her and demanding she give them an accounting of the money. Look, Donna didn't ask me to join her forum. She didn't beg me to donate anything to the auction and she didn't force me to remain a member there. If you don't like what's going on there, then LEAVE and don't let the door hit you on the way out! I have been trying to be a "good little girl" and remain positive but enough is enough. No wonder the poor woman closed things down. Give the woman a break! The last time I checked, you weren't forced to stick around! If you don't like Crochetville, then find somewhere else to be negative. If you donated an item to the auction, I'm quite certain they'd be more than happy to send it back to you. Demanding Donna stop what she's doing to please you is insane! Crochetville never stated they were a "non profit" organization and have no obligation to give you any records.

In the meantime, if you're tired of all the drama over at Crochetville, there are a couple of new places on the web where you'll find several of your old Villers and there is a NO DRAMA policy!

Check them out and I hope to see you there. I am still a member of Crochetville but am not posting on there as much lately. Once all the "drama queens" leave, I'll feel much better about spending more time there.

Crochetmania is a great new forum and you're more than welcome to join in the fun! Check it out!

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

I haven't been on the Ville much lately, so I missed the little "vacation," thank goodness. I'm with you, though. I'm sick of the drama. The admins are doing the best they can. Honestly, if people want to bash on others, they should go into politics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home