Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, March 09, 2007

Just a little update

I know I haven't been blogging much lately so I thought I'd take a few mins and let everyone know what I've been up to.

With my new job I just don't have the time I used to. I get up at 4:45am and have to be at work by 6am. I work until 3:30pm and as soon as I get home I usually cook dinner, clean the kitchen and check my e-mail. Doug and I try to watch a little TV together in the evenings, but most nights we are in bed by 8:30-9pm. Not to mention trying to get some crochet time in, so you can see why I'm MIA a lot of the time!

I've been trying to finish up the rest of the ghans for the Florida tornado victims but squares keep coming in! Not that I'm complaining as the more squares, the more ghans I can make for them but it doesn't leave time for much else.

I'm in a few swaps over at the Ville so I'm also trying to get those finished up as well as think about actually STARTING my niece's wedding present. She's getting married in July and I have yet to actually buy the yarn for her bedspread. I'm terrible with thread so I found an awesome pattern for a yarn bedspread. It's beautiful but the pattern is only for a twin and her bed is queen size so I have to figure out how much more yarn to get as well as what yarn to use! I'm putting a cap on her present at about $50 which I know isn't much but it's the most I can swing for this as I will be making her a bunch of other "little" things. I just don't know what kind of yarn to use! I want it to be functional, something she can wash and something that's practical, yet I want it to feel soft.

Speaking of her wedding, I am SOOOOO excited about this! Doug and I will be taking a little over a week on our trip! He ha NEVER seen my home state in the summer before so it'll be cool! He's only seen it in the winter when it's dirty and messy with snow. Southwestern Michigan is beautiful in both summer and fall so he'll get to see how truly beautiful it really is! We're planning on stopping overnight in Cleveland so that he can meet the "rest" of my family. My aunts, uncles and most of my cousins all live around the Cleveland area and my grandma lives in Berea (about 30 mins from Cleveland) so we'll have a nice visit with everyone. I haven't seen my cousins for years and years so all my little second cousins are all grown up now. I feel so old!

The big news about driving up north is that I'm bringing home my organ! When I was in kindergarten my dad (who worked at Heath Company at the time) built an actual organ! It was a Heath Kit and he put together each key and nut and bolt. I was the lucky kid who had to take organ lessons and learned enough to get by. I am NOT a great player but it has always been set aside that when my dad is gone the organ is mine. Well my parents really don't need another dust catcher in the house and since my dad is pretty much in his wheelchair all the time it's gotten no use and is in dire need of repair. So we're going to bring it home with us and hopefully Doug and I will be able to get it cleaned up and in complete working condition again! (It still works, but some of the keys are out of service.) We hope that it'll fit in the back of our Pacifica as we cannot tow a trailer with our car and really don't want to rent a big vehicle for that far of a drive. My mom sent me the dimensions last night so now we have to measure the car and see if it'll go. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Well that's it from here! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

We go up near Grand Rapids in the summer sometimes to visit relatives...I love it...so beautiful!!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be traveling close to my neck of the woods sometime in your travels! North West Ohio right on the Indiana, Ohio line. Have a great trip! My dd#1 is also getting married in July!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home