Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, April 29, 2006

Doug's Graduation Cake




I worked all day yesterday making his cake, the cookies and getting the house ready for the party. I made him a 2 tiered cake. The top tier was Funfetti and Chocolate and the bottom layer was Red Velvet and Vanilla. I used Buttercream Icing for most of the cake with fondant for the balloons and the 2006's. I made the cap on top of the cake by using a fondant base and with chocolate for the actual cap portion. The tassel was made from fondant as well. For some reason the camera didn't pick up the cap all that well but it turned out ok I think. Definately not my best cake to date but I'm a little rusty as I haven't done too many recently...

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Great Cake!!!! And a big congrats to hubby....looks like your party went well!!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

That looks great! And congratulations to your hubby! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home