Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, May 06, 2006

My latest swap package and other news

I got my package today from Vicki for the Spring Scarf Swap! She made me such a pretty scarf and included some wonderful extras as well. THANK YOU so much Vicki! I will post pics tomorrow... Gotta put new batteries in the camera...

I also finished up a new design of mine. I'm calling it the "Citrus Kitchen Set". It is the basic Potholder, dishcloth and dishtowel. I basically started by just letting the hook take me where it wanted and I'm quite pleased with the results. Since I'm still working on the Pinwheels for my dad, throw for step-sister and sweater for step-mom in Michigan and won't have that package finished for at least a couple of months I thought it would be nice to send her a nice kitchen set for Mothers Day. I hope she likes it! I will post pics soon and will be looking for pattern testers. (Takes approx 4 skeins of Sugar N Cream). If interested, please e-mail me or leave a comment here with a way to contact you.

Just not to confuse those of you who read my blog regularly, my mother died of cancer when I was 15 years old. My dad married one of my mom's friends (who's husband died only a few months before my mom did) so even though she's technically my "step-mom" I try not to refer to her that way. We did not get a long at all when she first married my dad, but over the years I have grown to love and respect her. She's a wonderful lady and I know my mom would be happy with the job she did with me. So most of the time I refer to her as simply "mom" sometimes as "step-mom" but wanted to clear that up if there was any confusion.

In other news, the Carpal Tunnel Surgery could happen as early as the 16th of this month. I have a bunch to do between now and then as I want to get a handle on all the swaps I'm involved in before that. There's no telling how long it'll be before I'll be able to crochet again. I keep throwing hints to my hubby that I'll need some spending money to purchase lots of crochet magazines to keep me occupied til I can crochet again. So far he's not too worried for my sanity! Oh well... I have faith that a few fairy godmothers will make sure I have plenty to read!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home