Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day after surgery check-in

Good morning campers. Well I had the Carpal Tunnel Surgery done yesterday morning. Ever since the numbing wore off (about noonish) I've been in agony. My hand is throbbing and I am sick to my stomach. They gave me Percocit for the pain but all it's managed to do is make me feel worse without taking away the pain. Not sure how I'll go back to work tomorrow feeling like this but I have no choice. Will be calling the Dr. as soon as his office opens. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end but right now I just want to crawl in a hole and die. (Ok, melodramatic moment!) Of course I haven't crocheted in over 24 hours and am going mad!

Well, that's ny cheery update for today! I'm sure I'll be much more positive tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gee that really sucks that you are in such pain. I hope the dr can do something for you.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Shelle said...

Are you keeping it elevated and ice packs on it? That really helps. You might not think the cold gets thru all the bandages, but it does - eventually. I was sick (from the pain meds) too - I lost 3 days of my life that I'll never get back! lol I was so sick, I thought I was going to die! Finally my Dr. changed my med to something else, but I forget what it was called. I think it started with a D - but not darvocet (sp?). Just tell him the Percocit is making you nauseous. Of course, you already know to do that! My Mother instinct is taking over. LOL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home