Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, May 15, 2006

Joe's Famous Chili (Recipe)

Ok, even though my mom made the chili originally (at least in our eyes) my brother has tweaked the recipe a bit and I prefer his. Now, mind you this is a very basic recipe. We are very picky eaters (don't like onions, peppers, mushrooms and the like. If you like them, by all means add them.)

2 lbs ground beef
2 lbs Bushs Mild Chili Beans (or comperable)
2 packets of Chili Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
Small amount of Light Brown Sugar
8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
Honey (optional)

Brown ground beef and drain. Add chili beans and tomato sauce. Stirring frequently, cook on lo/med heat for about 30 mins. Adding ketchup, Brown Sugar and Chili Seasoning, mix and continue to heat on "simmer" for an hour. If you want additional sweetness, add a couple tablespoons honey. For spicier chili, use only enough Brown Sugar to sprinkle over top of chili. For sweeter chili, use about 1-1/2 cups.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger hookd1989 said...

Are you sure about 1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar for sweet chili? That's the same amount of sugar found in most chocolate chip cookie recipes. Just wanna make sure your post is accurate w/ your recipe. I like my chili spicy. This is a very unique recipe for sure!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

Yup! I know it sounds like a lot, but if you like it sweet, that's how much to use. What I's suggest is to add to your taste. Put a little in, stir and let it cook in for like 15 mins and then taste it. My brother only uses like 2 tablespoons, but for me and Doug we use more. Could also be that different seasoning may require more or less!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home