Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, March 06, 2006

News from the weekend

Well my DH's niece, Katy, got married on Saturday. Here's a pic of us before the wedding. It turned out nice so I thought I would add it. (The poncho was made with Yarn Bee Soft Delights yarn in "Pink" and I used the Quick and Quirky Q Hook pattern which was way simple to use. My only suggestion? If using this yarn beware, as it sheds worse than a cat!)

So the wedding was Saturday. Let's just say it was interesting. If you'd like to see the pics I took click here to see my photo album on Photobucket.

We took home our "new" little doggie from the wedding Saturday and it soon became evident that we would not be able to keep him. He sheds incredibly and we learned shortly after getting home that my DH is allergic. It's a shame as he's such a cutie, but we are sure we'll find him a good home.

My first Crochet Class is this Saturday at Hobby Lobby. I'm super excited about it and hope it goes well. Wish me luck! I have a couple more people signed up so I'll at least make some extra money this weekend!

Was anyone else disgusted by the Oscars last night? The little "spoof" they did on Brokeback Mountain showing all the old Hollywood Westerns and cliping portions and such to make it look like all the old westerns were "gay cowboys" was offensive and disgusting. I'm quite certain that John Wayne, Charlton Heston and others shown would also be offensed by this. I have nothing against those who are gay. I have gay friends. However, the Bible is very clear on this matter and the last time I checked I live in America. The Constitution was written upon religious beliefs. Our founding fathers were Christians and active members of their churches. I'm sorry, but now that Brokeback Mountain has won all these awards, it's "normal" to be gay and go to gay movies. I am sorry, but I cannot stomach it and am very upset about it. I'm tired of my religious rights being affected while those of every minority group get more and more. I'm sure many people won't like my opinions, but it's what I believe. Again, I'm not here to tell a gay person that they will burn in hell, but I cannot condone it either. I am saddened by what has become of this world. Watch closely as Jesus will be coming again soon. The worse things get, the closer Armegeddon will be. (Ok, enough of the preaching. I had to get that off my chest!)

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Donna, I agree with you on this. I am a catholic, but I know its not about religion...

Btw, nice photo you have there, you make a lovely couple! The poncho is very pretty =)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Deneen said...

I have to comment on this. This is your forum and you can say whatever you want, it's your right, but I also have a right to comment. I'm not gay, but am offended by your statement. If you truly had gay friends, and I don't think you do, you would never have made this comment.

Also, not a very "Christian" thing to say minority groups get more and more. Are you discussing non-christians as a minority group? Frankly, I am sick and tired of having people shoving their religious beliefs down my throat and using "religion" as a reason why they can. If you didn't like the Oscars, you should have turned it off. But to make such a blanket statement about homosexuals is rather short sighted. I'm not sure how appalled Charlton Heston or John Wayne would have been? Remember Rock Hudson?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger StitchLuva and Yarn said...

I never really post on blogs, but I am so offended by your gay comments that i need to speak up. This country was founded in order to secure freedom and equality for all. Not just Christians and whites. This country was also founded by minorities. People who were persecuted in their homeland and left to secure a better life for themselves and their families. Once a group becomes prosperous and secure does not give them the right to become biased against the new minorities. As far as minorities getting more, what does that mean? Are you saying you should get more? Maybe you don't need more. Think about that when you are trying to get something for free.

You are entitled to your own opinions after all this is America and that's what we are all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home