Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, January 26, 2006

Designing new patterns

On my way home last night I stopped by BAM and picked up the latest issues of Crochet Fantasy and Magic Crochet. Crochet Fantasy (Winter 2005) is wonderful! There were 2 plus sized patterns in it and they were both actually modeled by a plus sized woman! It's about time!

Having looked at this it got me to thinking that maybe I should try to design more wearables for us plus-sized women out there and one's that are flattering at that!

I made a few sketches of my first idea. I am tired of all the string bikini patterns out there. I can't wear any of them! So I am going to attempt to make a nice, one piece bathing suit for us plus sized gals! I have the basic idea of the shape and such, but now it's a matter of basically stitching and frogging, stitching and frogging til I get it right.

I would really like to have at least ONE really good creation this year that looks professional and one that a magazine would be proud to publish. Maybe this goal is a little ambitious, but if I aim for the stars I should at least land on the moon!

My DH's team at work won a huge award today which means that I will finally get to meet some of his co-workers. There's going to be a big celebratory dinner in March (I think) at the Hilton! I've never been to the Ocala Hilton and it's black tie at that. I have no idea what I will wear but hopefully I can convince him that I need to buy a new dress that I'll probably never wear again! Of course he doesn't understand why we have to dress up just to eat dinner. MEN! I tried to explain it to him but he just didn't get it...

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Donna,
Good luck with creating a pattern. I hope you get it published.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Good luck, sounds like a worthwhile project. Keep us posted how it goes. I like to visit a couple of fellow members blogs each day to see how people are, what they're doing, look at pics if they have them. Fun. It's Friday, so enjoy your weekend.
Come for a visit sometime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home