Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, February 11, 2006

Crochet Olympics 2006

Well, I joined the 2006 Crochet Olympics and picked the Cream Cotton Shrug as my project. I thought I was making good progress til I looked at it today and realized I had somehow skipped row #4 and had to frog over 20 rows! UGH! I have finally gotten back to where I ended yesterday but at least it's right now!

I'm working on some felted items at the moment. My winter wool swap buddy sent me some wonderful Lion wool and I made a nice tote bag with a matching cell phone cozy! I trimmed both with Fancy Fur and it's beautiful! Now all I have to do is stitch the pocket on my tote and get to felting!

I am going to try and teach a crochet class at our brand new Hobby Lobby. I'm still debating if I should teach a beginners class or a class for those who know basic stitches but want to learn more? I was supposed to have that figured out today but I just haven't finished everything needed. Hopefully next weekend I will have a decision made.

After work today I am going to get fitted for contact lenses. I am so tired of wearing progressive lenses and having to be chained to them. I am not good at putting things in my eyes so this will be difficult to say the least. Fingers crossed I can do it!

I have gotten several great entries in my Kitchen Contest and have gotten some great ideas from them. Please be sure to enter! The more entries the better. I may extend the entry deadline. We'll see when March rolls along how many entries I do have!

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home