Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday's Rantings



Well it's another Sunday (my only day off work) and at least I got to sleep in today which was nice. My DH made breakfast (which is our Sunday ritual) over-easy eggs, bacon and toast. YUMMY! I will miss Sunday's when I am not working anymore as I'll be the one to make Sunday breakfast!

I am really excited as we are getting a new doggie!!! His oldest niece, Katy, is getting married on March 4th and her and her fiance are planning to move back up north afterwards and don't have time for their doggie and since they knew we fell in love with him when we first saw him they asked us if we wanted him. We are taking him home after the wedding. He's a little Jack Russell mix and is cute as a button. He was so playful and hopped around the house like a bunny. Our little Tweety did not like him and even snapped at him (she's Alpha dog in the house) but I think after she gets used to him she'll love him as she is as full of energy as he is and loves to play. Our other doggie, Fozzy is getting old and is quite overweight so he doesn't play like he used to. He'll run around with her for maybe 5 mins then he's down for the count. We were not happy with the name of this new doggie, they named him "Moo" I believe because he has spots like a cow. Anyway, with the help of my Crochetville friends we have decided on a new name for him. "Mufasa." Thanks for everyone's help! Oh, that's his pic above.

I am currently working on Dot's Fancy Fans Stole. I am actually making this for my OBGYN's RN. I know, weird, huh? When I moved here and was looking for a good OBGYN a friend referred me to Dr. Hall. I don't like going to a male Dr for female things but he has an RN named Evette. She's wonderful and does pretty much everything except baby deliveries and fertility problems. We hit it off right away and she was a fan of mine (I used to be a local celebrity working at K-Country and had the most listened to program from 7pm-midnight). Anyway, I always enjoyed my yearly exams as I loved seeing her and chatting. She's one of the warmest people you'd ever meet. Anyway, long story short, a couple of years ago when we started trying for a baby and were met with no success, she had me get a blood test and we found out that my progesterine levels were too low which meant I wouldn't get pregnant as I didn't have a mature egg. She said I'd have to go see Dr. Hall himself as she didn't deal with those things. I was ok with it as I had heard wonderful things about him. Well I go in there and he literally spent less than 5 mins telling me that I needed to be genetically tested and go see their nutritionalist and such and have all these expensive tests done that weren't covered by insurance. He then sent this girl into the room who looked like she was 13 and really didn't know anything. Here I am trying to talk to this teenager about my fertility problems and was not getting any help. After that I decided to find a new OBGYN. The morning I went in to get my records Evette was there and said hello and when I told her I was leaving them she came and talked to me. She had no idea what had happened and told me she was sorry to see me go but that if I ever needed her to call. Well I made an appt with the only other OBGYN that had appts in the morning before work. When I got there at 8am there were 10 other women there all with 8am appts. When I made the appt I specifically told the woman that I had to be to work by 9:30 and that I wasn't able to take time off to go to the Dr. she assured me I'd be the first patient of the morning and I'd be out of there by 9am. When I asked the receptionist about this she said she didn't know who promised me that but the Dr. doesn't even get into the office til 9:30am. She said he wants all his rooms full when he gets there so that he doesn't have to wait. I was outraged and left with no OBGYN. Well this has been probably 4 or 5 months and I really have wanted to call and see if Evette would take me back as I do need my yearly exams done and such but was too chicken to do so. Well last week out of the blue my cell phone rang one evening, it was Evette! She said she was going through some papers and saw my name on something and wanted to see how I was doing. We had a nice long chat and when I told her what had happened she welcomed me back with open arms. I am going to call the office this week and make an appt to see her and thought it would be nice to make her something. I seem to remember those offices are always cold and I believe she always wears a sweater so I thought a nice stole would be something she would use. I am making it from Lion Brand's Pound Of Love in white. So far this pattern is super simple and is working up nicely. I should have it done by mid-week.

Well, since I have typed a book here today I'll sign off for now. I hear the laundry calling me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home