Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm getting a new brace...

Yes, I know... I haven't been keeping up on this like I should... Things have been crazy though... First of all I got fitted for a brand new brace this morning. They actually have to special order it so it's custom fit for my leg so they wrapped my leg in cloths that were dipped in hot water and a solution and after about 10 mins it was as hard as a rock. Then they sawed it off me and are sending it in to get made. It was really weird seeing just how big my leg is! He put the mold of my leg on the table after finishing and I just kept looking at it open mouthed like "I'm really this big?" Made me wanna go on a diet right away!

On other news I've been working on the "Quick Ruana" from Crochet! Magazine March 2004 issue and it's anything BUT quick! I really don't know if I'll be able to do this. There are almost 200 rows and at the end of each row you fasten off and then start again at the other side. You don't turn at all and you don't work in a normal fasion. You actually work in the "back bar" of the SC. Not the back loop, but the back bar. This actually makes the garment almost look "knitted" but it's really a pain in the behind. You would think after several rows I would get better with it but every single stitch is a struggle. Like I said, I really like this but I'm honestly thinking it'll never be finished as it's just too difficult. Maybe I'll just make it all in regular SC's...

Please remember to enter in my Kitchen Contest! I am giving away lots of neat crochet prizes and all you have to do is give your opinions! It'll take 5 mins and will help me create some great new items for the kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home