Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, March 02, 2006

I got my contacts!!!

Well I finally got my contact lens' last night! It only took me a few mins to get them in but almost 30 mins to take them out. I was finally able to go home with them and after being home for only an hour it was almost time for bed so I proceeded to start taking them out. It took me well over 2 hours of trying to do it. My eyes are very deep set and I don't have the daintiest hands in the world so it wasn't easy but I finally did it. This morning I wasn't able to get them in before work but got them in within 15 mins of trying at work. Everything is still quite fuzzy and weird looking but I was told it could take a few days for my eyes to adjust. I do remember when I got my progressive lens glasses last year that it took almost a week before I could walk without feeling like I was going to fall over so I'm struggling to adjust to this. They have me in mono-vision so my left eye is for up close and my right eye is for distance. It's especially hard since my left eye has been dominant and now with these lens' my right eye will have to learn to be dominate instead. It's funny because if I cover my left eye I can see distance great but not close up and if I cover my right eye it's just the opposite but put them together and everything is fuzzy. I hope I adjust soon as it's a pain trying to crochet like this!

I am busy working on making a rose filet shawl to wear to the big black tie dinner with my DH in a couple of weeks. This is my first time doing filet and I originally started with Aunt Lydia's Size 3 thread but after completing 8 rows I didn't like the look or feel of it so I have switched to Caron's SS in red. I hope it looks good when finished!

Oh and the really good news is that I have some people signed up for my Crochet Class at Hobby Lobby! I am super excited about teaching my passion to others. Wish me luck! I am planning on offering intermediate classes in April and still have to decide what I'll be teaching that class. I will probably make that one at least a 2 week class as items that are harder to do will have more questions and more need for follow up help so I'm working out all that. These first beginners classes will really help get me going and I am just really hoping that they are a success and everyone will like getting instructions from me. WISH ME LUCK!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home