Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, January 09, 2008

January Update

Well, the new year has begun and not much is new around here. I threw my back out during Christmas break and my Dr. wants me to have another consult with a surgeon about it. I am going to schedule an appt and see what he says. I am also going to do more physical therapy as my right leg and right side of my lower back is still not much better when I do much walking.

Doug and I think my office chair may be hurting my back at home as I sit here at my desk sometimes for a couple hours at a time esp on the weekends e-mailing and watching tv and when I get up my back really hurts. So this weekend we are going to move the rocker/recliner from the living room (which nobody sits in anyway) in here and see if it helps. If it does, I think we'll start looking for a permanent chair for me. For that matter, I don't know that I really need a "desk" persay. It just takes up a lot of space and since I have the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse why do I need a desk? I'm thinking maybe I could find a nice chaise lounger, get rid of the desk and put my computer on a nice little table and sit here on my lounger and watch tv with my keyboard on my lap. Why not, right? I dunno, I think if I did that, I would never leave my room! LOL

I've already broken a bunch of my crochet resolutions for the year, including not starting too many projects at once! Oh well, life goes on, right? I am doing fairly well with my stashbusting score this year so far and have only purchased 2 skeins of yarn so far! WOO-HOO! (Ok, so they were one pounders, but still!)

Doug and I have really been enjoying our garage now that it's cleaned out and roomy out there! We've been playing cards in the evening and the weathers been so nice. It's a lot more fun than watching tv like usual!

I'm so excited! I'm all signed up to take my 3rd Bob Ross Oil Painting class! If you've never taken one, I encourage you to go to your nearest craft store and do it! I am not an artist at all but you really do leave with a beautiful oil painting ready for framing! This one is on Feb 2nd at Michaels. I hope that after this class I will feel confidant enough to try one on my own but I don't know. I guess if I mess up it's just a canvas that I've wasted, right?

And for now I leave you with a couple of pictures.

This first one is of all of us on Christmas Eve!



And this one is from New Years Eve. As you can see, I now have curly hair! I got a perm over Christmas break and I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home