Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, June 01, 2007

Isn't God amazing?

Ok, so now that I have had a few mins to update my blog I wanted to share some of the most exciting news ever!!!

The couple that we are buying the house from have been medical foster parents for several years now. I hadn't heard of this before and found out a little more. They have been taking care of babies who have medical conditions until they get adopted. Hearing about some of the children and things that have happened to them just broke my heart. Immediately I felt like this was what I was supposed to be doing. Amazingly, Doug felt exactly the same way! Taking care of children with medical needs actually pays more money than I make now and I would not only have children to care for, but I would be able to stay home and take care of them!

Doug is completely with me in this and as soon as we get moved and settled, the people we are buying the house from are going to put us in touch with the proper people and we'll start the process of taking all the classes, getting certified and such!

We still are hopeful we will have a child of our own someday, but this would be a fantastic idea for the present. We have decided to stop clomid. It just hasn't happened with it and each month the side effects have gotten worse. I think maybe getting off the medicine will help me to focus on that less.

So exciting news for us in the children arena!

I think now I've finally updated everyone on what's going on! We will be leaving for Michigan the end of June and won't be back for a couple of weeks. My niece Sara is getting married and we are driving up there for the wedding. Between now and then we have to move and I have to finish her wedding present which is about 80% done! I hope to post a couple more times before that, but if I don't that's why!

It's kinda bad but for the 2nd year in a row I don't get a birthday. Last year on my birthday (June 30th) we moved so I didn't have much of a birthday at all with moving and cleaning the old house. This year we will be on the road driving up north so I'm quite certain I won't have my ice cream cake this year! LOL Oh well, I guess my present is getting to go up north to see everyone! Say prayers for our safe trip and return!

Oh and lots of prayers are needed for this week! Closing is supposed to happen on Weds and moving day is Saturday! We hope this all goes off without a hitch!!

6 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hubby's daughter is getting married June 30th we'll be in Missouri for the wedding.
I wish you all the lick in your fostering goal. I think that would be a godsend to so many babies, babies who might not have a chance in life.
God is truly amazing.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger StitchLuva and Yarn said...

this is great news. it is a wonderful thing you are doing. good luck with the new home and the move.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on all your recent news and decisions! I think you will find fostering very rewarding! I am so happy for you...a new house...a few kids....yes, God is amazing!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

God IS amazing! I think you may have found your mission in life. Fostering, even healthy children, is an awsome thing. I think you have what it takes to become an advocate for a special needs child. You will fight for what is right for them, no matter what, and you will pray for and with them.

My kids had special medical needs and at times I've had to fight for them, if you ever need help or encouragement, I'm here.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Everything happens for a reason, Donna....best of luck on everything! Happy Birthday, Doug!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger loopy1 said...

Oh, Donna, that is amazing! WOW! I am so happy for you and Doug. Will be praying for you as you get the training and certification. You had told me you had some amazing news. What an understatement! I am awed by God's loving kindness.

What a Mighty God We Serve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home