Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, October 23, 2006

The BEST Toll-House Bars!

My hubby wanted a sweet this weekend so I made him some Toll House bars. I don't exactly remember where I found this recipe but it's the best we've ever had. Much better than the official "Nestles" recipe, that's for sure!

1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 stick butter/margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
9X9 baking pan
(you can use a regular cake pan if you double the recipe!)

I never took much stock in the whole "mix dry ingredients together first then add to ingredients in a particular order." I just mixed the butter and sugar first, then added the rest of the ingrediants one by one. Of course I would add the chocolate chips at the end if I were you. (Now, there are some recipes where you must add the ingredients in a particular order but this isn't one of them.)

Preheat oven to 375. Cook for 20-23 mins. If you wish you can put additional choc chips on top and put back in the oven long enough to soften the chips and spread over top.

ENJOY!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger ♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi!!
The recipe for your bars sounds so delicious!! I'll just have to make some, thank you!!

I like your blog, and I snagged your button too!!!!
I hope you have a good day
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home