Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday's ranmblings

Wow, this has been an insane week!

First of all, I wanted to post a pic of the Piggyback Pal I was lucky enough to test for Kristie! I made this for my Secret Pal who loves Cows and since she's recieved her reveal package I can share that I made it for her! It was super fun to make and the only part that was a pain were the arms and legs and only because they took forever.




I know I've been neglecting my blogging but life has been nuts. First of all, I started Clomid on Tuesday, Sept 10th. The side effects were not too too bad but I was extremely lethergic. You take the meds for 5 days each month and Sunday was my first day without it and I could really feel the effects then. I started getting super dizzy, lightheaded and drowsy. This doesn't help when I am suppposed to be in baby-making mode. Ah well, the things we do to have a child! LOL

I have been using the test stips every morning to test for ovulation but I haven't gotten a positive result yet. My Dr said she expected it to take me at least 2 months to ovulate. Ah well, we'll just have to keep trying. Next Friday I get my levels tested again and we'll probably increase the MG's I'm taking.

In other news, I have been working on a huge afghan. I am going to make one of every 12 inch square that I can lay my hands on and make an afghan with them! Someone over at the Ville figured it out and said if I just made the ones on CPC the afghan would be over 10 feet long! I just thought it would be neat to make every square out there! I started this adventure a few days ago and already have my first 4 squares made! I will be posting pics of my progress as I go.

The worst news of all is that my computer crashed this week. Monday when I got home from work it wouldn't boot up, it just kept cycling off and on. After trying everything I could think of, I tried to wipe it clean and do a factory restore but that wouldn't work either. I took it into the Computer repair shop which is right next door to where I work and he said it was my hard-drive. My computer is only about 3 years old and we were considering just trashing it and buying a new one, but the tech said that the machine we had was definately not out-dated and that the only thing wrong with it was the hard-drive. It was only an 80gig though and I asked about getting a larger hard-drive. He's replacing it with a 200gig and it's going to end up costing us about $200 to fix. We actually inherited this computer when Doug's dad died. He has just bought it a few months before he passed away and had it custom built for himself. It was state of the art at the time and the tech said it was one of the nicest computers he'd seen in awhile. The bad thing is that I lost everything!!!! Pictures, patterns, you name it, all gone! I did just back-up all my stuff about a month ago so that's all saved, but everything I've done in the last month is gone. I had just written a couple of patterns that now I have to go and re-write which is a pain but it will sure be nice to have my computer back again!

Well, that's the news from down south. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to post more pics of some of my WIP's in the next week or so!

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Welcome back....be looking forward to your WIPS. The cow is soooo cute!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sucks about your puter but at least it was just the hard drive

 

Post a Comment

<< Home