Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, September 15, 2006

My early Christmas present!

I'm just excited about this I had to share!!!

After much convincing and guilt-laying on my dad, my dad and step-mom are coming to stay with us for Christmas!!! I am so excited, I cannot wait!!!

My dad is semi-handicapped. He has a rare muscle disease which makes it very difficult for him to get around. He lives in his lift chair and even needs help getting out of that. My mom works full time and then takes care of him so she really needs a break so Doug suggested that we fly them out here for Christmas! My dad didn't want to go through the trouble of flying as it's not as easy when you need help but I assured him handicapped people fly everyday and that the airlines will assist you.

We found an insanely cheap flight and will be purchasing the tickets on line later today! I talked to the medical equip company in the plaza where I work and have it all set up to rent the lift chair for the week he's here! Now all we have to do is figure out where it's going to be put in the house! LOL I am just so excited to be able to spoil my dad for a week! Bev will have the guest bedroom all to herself with her own tv so she can go in there, close the door and have some nice quiet time that she never gets at home.

I will be baking and cooking up a storm while he's here and I cannot wait!!!!

In other news, a customer of mine is renewing her wedding vows tomorrow morning and asked me to make her wedding cake. I was notified last night! HELLO! I told her I can do only a basic cake as there just isn't enough time for me to do anything fancy in one night! I was hoping to have this weekend off, especially after I didn't get my last weekend that I was supposed to get off, but no luck. By the time my next weekend rolls around, it'll have been 2 months since my day off. My patience is wearing thin with this place!

In other news, I have been busy working on some fun little projects for Christmas and started on the Ice Blue Cardigan from the latest issue of Interweave Knits Crochet. I'm using Symphony in pink which I got on clearance at Wal-Mart. I absolutely love the way this yarn looks and feels, but it froggs worse than fun fur! I messed up a row 2 rows back so I literally spent the last 2 hours ripping 2 rows out! I had to use my seam ripper to do it! UGH! I have to be so careful every stitch! The next time I use this yarn I think I'll use a very large hook instead of a G! LOL

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's great about your Christmas guests!
Make sure to let the airline know he has some trouble so that they will be prepared if he needs anything special. Usually they are pretty helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home