Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, August 25, 2006

A little light at the end of the tunnel!

Well, my Dr. put me on a new medication starting this week and so far I am thrilled! I have still had headaches but haven't had them nearly as bad or for as long at a time! I am also sleeping like a baby!!! It does take me a little while to fall asleep, but once I do, I am dead to the world! I am also not yawning all day long like I was on the other meds. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this one does the trick!

I finished up the tote for my swap partner at the Ville yesterday and am really pleased with how it turned out! It took me 3 days here at work to get the lining sewn in but it's a much better sewing job than my friendship purse! I hope she likes it! I will post a pic once I am certain she has rcv'd it but I won't even get a chance to mail it til next week so it'll be a couple weeks yet before I can post a pic.

I am almost done with square #10 on my pinwheels which is awesome! Only 5 more to go! My new goal is to finish it by Halloween! Hopefully I can do it! I am finishing up a few more swap items and will get them all mailed out next week then I can devote some much needed time to Doug's Christmas present as I haven't even had a chance to pick it up all week.

It's been rainy most of the week and today is no exception. I don't think we're going to have a Shuttle launch on Sunday. The radar looks nasty and with as much rain as we've been getting and a 60% chance on Sunday, I doubt it'll go up. I was hoping it would as usually when it launches I'm working so I never get a chance to go in person to watch it. I was hoping I could convince the hubby to drive me to Paines Prairie so we could watch on Sunday. (It's a major spot where everyone goes to watch Shuttle launches that don't have badges to get to the Space Center in person.) On launch days, this area of road is literally full of hundreds of cars camped out to watch. Twice now I've seen the shuttle in the sky from my house but it's quite small and not spectacular. Back when I worked at K-Country I could have gotten credentials to watch the launches right there in the stands but was never able to do it. One of the things I miss about being in radio is that I'm a normal person again. Ah well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home