Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another sleepless night

It's 4am on Thursday morning and I should be in bed... UGH! I woke up at 3:15 with a horrible tension headache and if you've never had one it's one of the few headaches that gets worse when laying down. The more I laid there the worse it hurt so I'm up and watching a little T.V. I haven't been on my new meds for a month yet so I'm keeping an open mind. A few years ago I was on Topomax and it took almost 3 months for it to start helping. I really hope it doesn't take that long again. I was infactic about not going back on Topomax. Even though it helped it turned me into demon-lady and my sex drive was gone. My Doctor assured me that there are several different medicines out there which will help, it's just finding the right one.

I had an MRI on Monday due to some serious pain in my neck and left shoulder and he said that a few of the discs in my neck and upper back which are bulged are causing the canal in my spine to be smaller than it should be so there isn't enough of a space for things to move as they should. This is totally from the injury I had 4 years ago when I fell and popped my neck. He wants me to do home traction but I need to find out if the insurance will cover it first. In the meantime he gave me cortisone injections in my neck to help. It has definately helped but not totally. I can at least move my neck without pain now but I still get some tingling in my shoulder. My nuerologist is one of the best Dr's I have ever had, especially in this area. We have had our share of bad Dr's here so it's a pleasure to go to a Dr who doesn't think of you as a number.

Unpacking some of my boxes over the weekend I found the recipe for Potato Chip cookies that my mom used to make. My Aunt Carolyn found it for me and when she was down here a few months ago she gave it to me. I haven't done much baking lately and Doug's been asking me to make a treat so I will try to do this in the next week or so. When I first got my Kitchen Aid mixer and wasn't working so much I baked all the time. It's good that I don't bake as much as I used to but now when I do, we'll keep just a tiny bit of it and he'll take the rest to work. I got my baking genes from my mom and really enjoy doing it but we don't need all that junk.

This Christmas when I do my serious baking I am only going to keep a small tin of goodies. The rest will get sent to my family up north and will be sent to work.

Well, I think I'm going to finish watching Project Runway and then maybe try to lay back down again. If I don't get anymore sleep tonite I'll be a zombie at work...

3 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about your head. I hope you get to feeling better. I know all about that kind of pain and it isn't fun, especially when you have to be at work the next day.
Wish I had some tips for you but I don't other than try to relax as much as possible.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds awful :(

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Hey...my mom used to make potato chip cookies...we thought they were the most hilarious things...but we ate them! Hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home