Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WIP Wednesday

I've been keeping really busy with my crocheting the past couple of weeks. I just realized that it's August and I haven't even started on Christmas this year. I picked up the horrid pinwheels afghan again (for my dad) and since last Monday have completed 2 more squares for a total of 8 done and 7 more to go. UGH!

I also started working on my hubby's Christmas gift which is going to be a Tampa Bay Bucs afghan. I've been putting off starting it because I hate graph-ghans but I knew if I didn't start it soon, I would never do it. I am planning on getting some fleece and sewing it to the backside of the ghan so that you don't see the bad side and I think it'll be much more soft and cuddly. I started on it yesterday and have already completed nearly 20 rows. It's a major pain in my back side, but I think it'll be nice when finished.

I'm also working on a replacement package for my Papparazy Swap partner over at Crochet Mania. Somehow my package has lost it's way so I'm going to mail her another one. I got her package yesterday and it's just unbelievable. I'll post a pic hopefully tomorrow but she made me so many wonderful things, with my favorite being this beautiful bracelet!

My hubby has been getting on me about my eating habits. I am not a vegetarian but I don't like a lot of meat. I've always been a very picky eater so most nights I won't eat any meat with my dinner. The other night I just put tater tots and chicken breast in the oven for Doug and ate some tater tots myself and that was it. Last night I had Broccoli and Cheese rice but no meat. I won't eat steak and do not like seafood of any kind. I really don't eat a lot, but I eat a lot of junk. I need to find a way to really watch what I eat and make better choices but it's hard when you're as picky as I am. I blame my mother for not making me eat when I was a kid. I mean, I won't eat onions, peppers, mayo, anything with ranch in it, mushrooms and the list goes on and on. I would never survive on Dr. Phils diet or any reality show for dieters. That stuff literally makes me sick. Honestly, if there were an all carb diet, I'd be as thin as a rail! If you are what you eat, I would be a potato! I know, all that starch is bad for me. If you have suggestions for lo-fat, lo-calorie foods I can eat that I'll like, I'd sure like to hear about them!

Well, it's back to the graph-ghan from hell!!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

Don't blame your mother! I was forced to eat everything when I was a kid and hated it. My daughter was a picky eater and I never pushed her into trying anything-figured she would when she was ready. I refused to make mealtimes a battle. Anyway, she tries everything now and eats a bunch of stuff I never would have thought. Just make sure you eat enough protein with the stuff (it helps fill you up) so you won't be tempted to eat junk later.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger none said...

Yep, I have weight problems and my doctor told me specifically, no potatoes, white rice, flour, juice, or sugar. It isn't easy but if you memorize that you will start to find alternatives. I wish you luck. I think that thinking about changing your lifestyle is the first step and sometimes can take awhile and then you will get to a point where action is next. I think it is a process.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger DixieRedHead said...

Hubby and I made the decision to change the way we eat and make better choices a year ago.*wow! does'nt seem that long* We have swapped white breads, for 100%whole grains, left the bleached flours & rice. no red meat. chopped the sugar down basically just eat healthier. after about 2 weeks ur cravings get better, and u get used to it. My hardest habit to kick was Mt Dew. I still have one every once in awhile, just not the same tho... I've lost 37 lbs and he has lost 25 so far. if u need any tips or help with recipes lemme know. Good Luck! Wish ya all the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home