Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, September 23, 2006

WIP ~ My hubby's Christmas Gift

I am making my hubby an afghan with the logo from the Tampa Bay Bucs on it for him for Christmas. This is my most ambitious project yet. The graph is made up of 175 SC's per row with a total of 145 rows which means this will have over 25,000 SC's when it's done!!! After finishing the graph, I will SC around the ghan until I get it to the desired size. I bought some nice black fleece which I plan on sewing to the back of it. I am 58 rows into this monster of a project and wanted to share it with you. Please don't mind my messy craft room! What do ya think?

5 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

You go girl! I would never attempt anything with all those sc's :)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

It's working up nicely-I am nervous about trying graphs. That's a lot of sc's and a lot of weaving in ends and you're even doing it in the dark colors-

Best of luck, but I think it's gonna be great.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

OMG Donna...you are amazing! That is awesome! I don't know if I have the patience for that.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great! I bought a pattern a year ago for the Phila Eagles and I want ti di the same. Are you using a afghan hook?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger jennwinters said...

Finally! I've been trying to find someone who knows how to design sports team afghans. I want to make an Atlanta Braves afghan for my sweetie and I don't know how to get started. How did you get the team logo onto graph paper & then created with yarn? Once it's graphed, how do you know how many chains to make (I will probably knit mine, so I need to know how many to cast on)? Please, please give me some guidance. I would greatly appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home