Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, July 24, 2006

Movie Review Monday ~ Pirates of the Carribean, Dead Man's Chest

Well, we went to see Pirates yesterday and pretty much everything we had heard was true. It's a lot like the Empire Strikes Back. Han Solo is encased in Carbonite, you don't know if he'll live again or what will become of the rebellion. It definately leaves you hanging. Well, Pirates is the same way. Definately didn't really tie up any loose ends but you know there will be a 3rd one and hope you'll get closure then.

It was a tad long but Johnny Depp was fantastic as always in (what I think) is his best role ever. The "villians" in this movie are a little creepy at first but once you get past the initial shock of how they look, it's amazing how cool a special effect they all are.

I had heard somewhere to stay til the end of the closing credits for something "special." Now, I told my hubby and so we stayed through over 10 mins (no lie) of credits. Finally at the end, the something "special" was a 2 second snippet which was "cute" but not worth standing there for 10 mins. The employees of the theatre I guess can't start cleaning while there are still patrons there as they stood there "staring" at us the entire time like "get out!" Let's just say, I don't think we'll be sticking around after the first part of the credits rolls again.

All in all I give the movie a B+...

P.S. Sorry I didn't get any pics posted this weekend. Will get some on here today!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home