Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, April 14, 2006

A Proverbs Woman

One of the things many of us strive to be is a "Proverbs Woman." I still have a long way to go, but am striving every day. It's not easy sometimes and it's certainly stressful at others trying to follow what the Bible outlines for us to do. I think my biggest one is "Submitting" to my husband. I have always been very independant so it's hard when we have differing opinions about something to say my peace and let it go. Again, I'm not there yet but am much farther along than the day we got married! My DH and I have a couple we are friends with who are wonderful people. The wife is the quintessential Proverbs Wife. I don't know how she does it, but she is a beautiful person to be around. I know it's possible now to be the person the Bible speaks about but it's just rough getting there. If you haven't read this particular part of the Bible, here's a link to Woolandflax's site which inspires me every day.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

I'm the same way. I'm not married yet, but hope to be someday, and I want to be the kind of wife God intends me to be. The whole thing about submitting turned me off at first, big time, but I started thinking about it in a different way, and you know, it's not nearly as a big a deal as people tend to think it is, at least not the way I've interpreted it. I won't take up a ton of space here, but if you'd like to talk about it, just pm me at C'Ville (this is antara...but you probably knew that ;)), and maybe we can set up a time to chat or something.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and heart felt entry. I've had a lot of the same thoughts after stumbling onto woolandflax's site. Woman who strive to be meek and virtuous are few and far betwen in this world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home