Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Monday, April 10, 2006

New CAL = INSANITY!!!

JulieKay over at CVille is an evil woman! (Just kidding, you know I love you Julie!) Julie is the queen of all Crochet Alongs and just when I finish another project she comes up with another CAL for us to do. Of course I cannot say no so I jump in and put another project on my much overloaded basket!

Her new CAL is the "Quilt CAL". I have been needing to make my dad a new blanket. He's semi-handicapped and spends 90% of his time in his lift chair. He suffers from very poor circulation (as well as a nasty muscle disease) and his feet are usually the worst. So even in the dead of summer he's bundled up. I thought that I would make him a nice afghan and sew pockets where his feet can go to make them more cozy and another pocket where he could put a heating pad or something like that. So I looked at several Quilt Afghan patterns and decided upon the Pinwheel Afghan. As I tend to do with most projects, I don't bother to read the instructions until I am ready to sit down and crochet. It was then that I realized that this was a graph afghan! UGH! I hate graph ghans! I hate carrying over yarn and counting and tangled yarn and the headache of making little bobbins. Oh well, I really want to do this so I started my first square. About 12 rows into it, I didn't like how the "holding over certain colors" was looking so I started over and am going to try to simply make the white square and then cross stitch the pinwheel onto the square. We'll see if this works. I honestly was thinking I would make the pinwheel and stitch it onto the square. If only I could find a pinwheel that looks like this that I could stitch on, then I'd be a happy camper! Oh well, back to my stitching!

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That looks difficult, for me anyway! Let us know your progess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home