Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Progress on the Pinwheel


I finished my first square last night for this CAL and boy oh boy do I wish I hadn't picked this project up! It's very complex and you really have to pay careful attention to every stitch you make. The square itself is all SC's made with the color changes as per a graph. Once you get that finished, you take the next color and do SC's all around the square twice. Then you do this horrible SC, CH 4, SC, CH 10 all the way around, then you weave all the CH 10 spaces together making sure to keep the CH 4 spaces behind your work. Then you add the next color, work 2 SC's in each CH 4 loop and then you do a SC, CH 10, SC, CH 15 in each stitch and repeat the weaving method. It's more than a bit maddening! I had my square finished and realized on the last row I wove the CH 15 spaces together instead of the CH 10 so I have to UN-WEAVE the whole thing and do it again. I know it'll be beautiful when finished but my goodness, why does it have to be so complicated?

I don't know how much I'll get finished with this over the next couple of days as I have to make that doll cake to be ready by Saturday. So tonite is reserved for making the icing and flowers then I'll bake the cake and assemble it tomorrow. She needs it for Saturday but will probably pick it up on Friday. Of course she hasn't told me yet what flavor cake she wants. If she doesn't call me back today I guess I'll just go with vanilla.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'll be mad if you don't post pics of that cake...just kidding...but please do. Oh, and I can't get on your Frapper map...keeps telling me Fatal Error on line 1591 (I think I killed it!!!) I did it like 3-4 times and it says the same....doesn't like Pittsburgh I guess!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Hey Donna...take that back I did show up tho I wanted to get my pic on there. I found my pic (3 times--and I'm not a triple to my knowledge) on my Frapper home page...oh well...at least I'm there. I think I'll try to put one of those on my blog. Thanks!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

I'll be sure to post a picture! (That is of course if the customer calls me back with the flavor cake she wants. I have left 2 messages and until I know what flavor cake she wants I can't bake it.) Ahhh, the joys of cake making!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home