Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, April 15, 2006

The "New" Ten Commandments Movie

Did anyone watch this movie this past week? We Tivoed it and "tried" to watch it this evening. Now, I know there is no way you can mess with the original, but we gave it a try anyway. As it started we noticed that the producers took certain liberties and changed the story. Several things that happened are not the way they happened and I think the last straw for us was the Burning Bush. God told Moses in the movie "I am who I am." Ummmmm, I'm sorry, this is a complete fabrication and not correct. By changing one word you change the entire meaning. The Bible says that God told Moses "I am that I am". Very different. When it got to the parting of the Red Sea it was made to look like a scientific event happened which caused the sea to part, not God's hand. Another liberty that Hollywood has taken to re-write History and change the Bible.

It is so disheartening that people are allowed to take the sacred texts of the Bible and re-shape them into their own molds. If a Hollywood producer made a movie and changed the sacred texts of Muslims, there would be hell to pay. But not Christians. We put up with this time and time again. It makes me sad. Especially on this Holy weekend. Jesus became flesh and blood so that we could all have eternal life and people constantly mock the truth.

Well I am sorry. I cannot just sit idly by and compromise my beliefs so that I'm politically correct and will fit in. If I cannot stand up for what is right I cannot call myself a Christian. We must start taking a stand against this kind of thing. We've allowed prayer to be taken out of our schools and had it replaced with condoms and safe sex. We've allowed God to be taken out of our courtrooms and replaced it with "A woman's right to choose" by killing innocent unborn children.

My heart is saddened tonite. I pray that I am not the only one disgusted by what has become of this world. Tomorrow morning represents the day that Jesus rose from the grave. He saved me and you and I hope that we all thank Him for His sacrifice and honor it more througout the year than just this one day. Lord knows I need to do this myself.

May you all have a blessed Easter. In the midst of Easter Bunnies, Egg Hunts and Baskets, please take the time to thank our Savior, Jesus Christ, for what He did.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very disappointed with the movie as well. They'd completely leave out important parts of the movie, but had plenty of time to add creative shots of sea turtles and things...lol. Oh well. We are going to watch the original again. I couldn't even finish watching this new one.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did not watch the movie. But you have to admit, hollywood has been taking liberties like that for years. Everyone still buys/watches their movies and as long as that happens they will keep going on.
They (hollywood) has taken it upon themselves to rewrite history and religion to suit their whims.
I do not see it changing anytime soon, and it's a downright shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home