Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, February 16, 2008

Confessions of a bad blogger...

Yes I know, I haven't updated too much lately and not too often. It just seems like life has been so crazy I don't have the time to do all the things I used to do and want to do.

This week was awful. We live about an hour north of Orlando and sometimes with the position Doug has, he'll have training there and this week was one of them. Mon, Tues and Weds he dropped me off at work, took the work vehicle and drove there for training. Usually they'll get out by 1-3pm so he misses rush hour. Not this time, this time they didn't let out til 5:30 so he wasn't getting home til almost 7pm. This wouldn't be a big deal if we worked normal hours but we go in every morning at 6am. Since we have only one car and if I left and went home after my shift, that would have meant driving back and picking him up so I too, ended up working overtime waiting for him (with the exeption of Weds night. By then I was exhausted and had a co-worker give me a ride home!) So we'd get home just in time to eat and go to bed.

Then we had Valentine's Day Thursday and went out to eat and a movie, and again, didn't get home until late and had to go right to bed. Well with Doug being gone for 3 days the work was piled up so we worked a couple extra hours again yesterday. UGH!!!!

I am sooooo glad the weekend is here! However, there won't be much rest for the weary! We are getting our taxes done this afternoon and need to go shopping. We are out of everything and on top of everything else, Weight Watchers started up at work and Doug and I decided to join. They gave me the literature Monday after work but Doug wasn't back in time. I have the basic info but there was no time for shopping this week so we knew we wouldn't start til Monday. Anyway, we have to really think about what we're going to get. I'm also in desperate need of blue jeans and some shoes so I've got to go shopping at some point and do that as well. I'm not like most women who love to shop. I like shopping for crafts and yarn, NOT for clothes and shoes! Not to mention the regular chores to do around the house like laundry and such!

Oh, I went and saw another surgeon a couple of weeks ago about my back as it's much better but not back to normal and still doing grocery shopping is a pain so he looked at my MRI's with me (the first one to do that) and wasn't pleased with the images. He's sending me for a High Definition MRI in a couple of weeks and I guess it is digital so it comes back right away to him so I go have it done then go right to his office! No waiting weeks for it to get developed! Anyway, I am hopeful after this that we'll have a good place where to go to get me up to speed again. I'm hoping more intense physical therapy will work. It's amazing how much better it is since I first fell and injured it but it's the long walking that gets me almost everytime.

At least with all that I've been doing I've still been able to crochet a bit! I'm in the Kitchen Swap at the Ville and have been working on that for my swap partner and in the rare evenings that Doug and I actually have time to watch TV, I've been actively working on my retro ghan from the the Groove-Along. My stashbusting score is suffering because of it but at least I haven't really been shopping all too much so at least I'm not adding to the pile as of lately. Although I'm going to have to add in the next week or so as I'm out of several colors I always try to keep on hand.

Well that's it for now, just had a few minutes this morning and thought I would update my blog! We're still here but just as busy as ever!

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I leave for work every morning at 7am with my partner. I get into work at 8am, he gets in at 9am. He leaves at 5:30pm, picks me up at 6:30pm and we get home at 7:30pm.

I usually pass the time waiting by knitting 8-9am, and going to the gym 5:30-6:30pm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home