Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday's Ramblings

Well, I have had a pretty bad day...

First of all, I got my monthly friend today which means I am not pregnant. I just lost it today. I was beyond upset. I really thought I was. I know, I have to give it another try but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Today was day 4 of my training and I am having a very difficult time of it. This job is something I have never done before so it's completely foreign to me. Doug says I will pass with no problems but if I do not complete several more steps along with the first test before tomorrow is over, I will automatically fail the course and won't be able to continue. Some things I pick up really quick while others are taking me a little longer. I'm not used to working with little teeny parts, wires and such. So knowing that I'm falling behind and all just added to my anxiety today.

Oh, and I picked up my final paycheck which was not complete! They didn't include last weeks pay on there! I left a message with my old boss and then decided to call his partner, the co-owner of that company and make sure that he knew. I also made sure to let him know that I did not leave that job because of him in any way. It had everything to do with his partner who over-see's the day to day operation of the business, doesn't do anything and doesn't allow us to call the other guy for any reason. He said he would talk to him about it.

I will say that granted I'm able to pass this course and officially get the job at this new place (I'm on unpaid training right now), I think I will like it. I love how many people work there as opposed to my last job where I worked all by myself. Several of the people in my class are great and we have so much in common and really enjoy chatting during our breaks and in the morning before we start work. I just hope I can really hop to it tomorrow and that everything just works out the first time I try it!

As you can probably tell, I have not had a lot of time for crocheting or anything else this week. Getting up by 5:45am, if I don't get to bed by 9:30 I am wiped so getting home by 3:45, cleaning the kitchen, getting dinner ready, feeding the dogs, taking a shower (as I cannot shower that early in the morning! it's just not possible that early in the morning for me! LOL) and having an hour or so to spend with my honey, that doesn't leave much time for anything else. I guarantee you I will be crocheting a lot this weekend and once I get used to this schedule a little bit more, I'm sure I'll be able to stay up a bit later and have more me time.

If you think about it tomorrow, say a little prayer for me that I'm able to finally get the hang of what I'm doing and will be able to move on!

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Prayer said...good luck!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs* deep breaths. You will do fine.
Just try to be as calm as possible.
I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow. *hugs* You'll do fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home