Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving 2006

Wow, can you believe the holiday season is upon us already? I think that the older we get, the faster time goes. (At least it seems that way!)

Today's post is just a list of things I'm thankful for. I challenge you to do the same on your blog.

I'm thankful for...

The most wonderful husband a woman could ask for.

2 of the best little doggies in the whole wide world.

A home with a roof over our heads, food in the fridge and air conditioning in the summer. So many people don't even have a place to sleep at night and sometimes I think we take for granted all of the things we have.

A wonderful family who provided me with a wonderful childhood with 2 loving, devoted parents, a sister who teased the crap out of me (I still love her) and of course my big brother, Joe, who from the moment I arrived took me with him everywhere. Many people have horrible, abusive childhoods and I am very thankful for the loving home I had the privelege to grow up in.

Most importantly, my Savior, Jesus Christ. If not for Him, this world would be forever lost. Many times during the holiday season we'll hear words like "The Virgin Birth" "Baby Jesus" and things like that, not actually taking in what it all really means. Without Jesus coming down to earth, becoming flesh, walking in our shoes sinless, and dying a horrific death on a cross, we would be forever seperated from Him. Thank You Lord Jesus for dying to save a horrible sinner like me.

I hope you all have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving and are safe if going somewhere!

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you too! Love the doggie sweaters...you oughta put those little ones on the dogster.com website! It's loads of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home