Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pool/Screen Room Pics

As promised here are the pics of our pool and the 2 screen rooms. When you first walk out of the kitchen you walk into a typical Florida Room which is rather roomy and nice. This is where we play cards and relax.






Here's the Pool Room. Right now we really don't have any lawn chairs or anything out here so it's kinda bare. Just a small table, bench and our grill but here it is.





Now out to the back yard which is quite nice as well.



It doesn't look like it in the picture but this plant is HUGE! The first time I saw it, I thought it was going to come to life and eat me! I keep waiting for it to break into song and say "Feed me Seymour!" LOL



This is the nice wooden swing which is in the backyard. It's just lovely but it's quite old and I don't think it could hold me and Doug's weight so it just looks pretty.



That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll try to post pics of the bathrooms and hopefully by weeks end I'll have pics of the master bedroom.

8 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I absolutely love the pool/sun room. Is this typically what's in Florida homes or this is something the owner add onto the home?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I think we should have a big get together at Your House...that is AWESOME!!!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

Thanks guys. The screened in pool rooms and Lanai's or "Florida Rooms" are a southern thing I think. Back home in Michigan in the ground pools are not closed in like this but down here probably 90% of them are. Most houses have a small Florida Room too. Even most apartment buildings have them...

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Considering how hot it is over here right now I am totally jealous of that pool!!!!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Karla said...

That plant is an Agave Cactus...we have them up here in Metter, GA and you think yours is large...my neighbor had one that grew 15' high! I've heard they can grow to 25'! We had two in our yard when we moved here, and though I was familiar with them because my mom had one, we couldn't handle them in our yard because of the children...those thorns on the "leaves" HURT! They're pretty when they're little if a person likes cactus type plants. But I think they aren't so attractive the large they get. Enjoy yours! ha ha!

Love that pool room btw! I wish I could go swimming now!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Donna Lynn said...

Thanks for the info Karla! I'll have to tell my DH! He's been wondering what it is more than me. I hope it doesn't get too big but we don't really sit out there and the doggies don't go near it (yet) so hopefully it won't cause us any problems.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kellycat said...

I'm really loving that pool room! Wow~ I'm a little envious. I think the huge plant you have is a very nice looking aloe. Very helpful with those Florida sunburns. Best of luck to ya!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Shelle said...

Wow! I want to move to Florida!!! You have a beautiful place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home