Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, December 16, 2006

Cruel and Unusual Punishment?

Ok, I don't want to start a whole pro or con debate on the whole death penalty issue, but this really has me ticked.

Last week in Florida, a man was executed by lethal injection and I guess it took 2 doses to kill him and he appeared to be in pain. (Read the story here). Anyway, Gov Bush has now suspended all executions in Fla and there's a big hoopla about how this was cruel and unusual punishment.

Ummmm, hello! This man killed someone! I think being put to sleep is a very nice way to die. We shouldn't do the whole lethal injection thing. Go back to the electric chair or death by firing squad. Or better yet, let the families of the victims kill them however they wish.

Why are we bending over backwards to assist those people who are not fit for society and who have caused so much pain and agony to others? I remember a few months ago there was something similar that happened. Supposedly the man wasn't "healthy enough" for execution. Huh? Not healthy enough? What the heck is that all about?

The United States of America that we have grown up in and been a part of for years is now so politically correct that we don't stop and think about what's right and what's wrong. Pretty soon it will be illegal to say the word Christmas, pretty soon we'll have national holidays for Muslims, Cubans and illegal immigrants. Pretty soon English won't be spoken at all. Why? Because our country is too wimpy to put a stop to all of this.

Ok, enough for now, this just really really burns me. Oh and if you are going to start leaving me nasty comments I won't publish them. If you want to disagree with me that's fine, but do it nicely. Thanks!

P.S. I have nothing against Muslims, Cubans or any other race. I just feel that if you come to this country, you need to do so legally, become a tax paying citizen and that you adapt to OUR culture, not insist that we adapt to yours! When our ancestors came here years ago they didn't demand that we learn their language and they certainly didn't get welfare. They worked their butts off to start a new life for their families and that's all I'm asking of anyone else. If I decided to move somewhere else, I certainly wouldn't expect the whole country to adapt to me, I'd learn their language and culture and do my best to become a productive member of it.

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

AMEN!
I think they should bring back hangings.
I have such a hard time understanding why we are allowing criminals in prison to live better than alot of good honest citizens.
And oh don't even get me started on Christmas, illigal aleins and the like.
The world has gone downhill in the name being politically correctness.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Deneen said...

This is a hot topic and yes, very open to debate. I just had a conversation not even 5 minutes ago with my husband about it. My view on it is was: Did this man's victim get a choice on how and when he or she was going to die? Was there a timetable on the victim stating how long it would take them to die? This man took someone's life very callously and now the ACLU will step in for the murderer's rights when the victim had no rights and is no longer with us either.

I will say this though, perhaps Karma played a part in how long it took for Mr. Diaz to succumb.

This case bothers me to no end-

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on Deneen's comment....maybe it was Karma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home