Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Saturday, August 02, 2008

My favorite room in the house!

THE GARAGE!!!

I know, that sounds a little weird but here goes... We have a really cool garage! As you can see from the pictures below it's got the really nice screens on it so if we have the garage door open it's almost like a Florida room. Not to mention the all-weather carpeting which makes it very nice out there. (These pics were taken the day we moved in a year ago. It looks a lot different now!)






We have several things out there now (I need to take some new pictures) including 2 tables with lots of chairs (we play cards and stuff out there a lot), several cabinets which hold all of our board games, puzzles, playing cards, etc., as well as a full sized fridge which is stocked with cold beverages most of the time, a stereo, window A/C to keep it nice and cool on those very steamy hot afternoons and we even have an electronic dart board on the wall.

For the past few months I have really enjoyed going out there in the evenings to watch my movies on my portable DVD player and crochet. When it got too hot to crochet out there I started oil painting. I then started listening to audio books while I painted and now I go out there almost every night for at least an hour to paint and listen to one CD of an audio book that I'm listening to at the time. I esp love to go out there when we have one of our summer thunderstorms. It's so neat to watch it from the safety of the garage yet almost feel like you're outside.

What's funny is that this was originally supposed to be Doug's "getaway room" but he hardly ever went out there so I started to. I think eventually he'll start going out there. We'd like to put a small TV out there, run our dish service out there and once we buy new furniture put the love seat out there and he'd really like it out there then... But for now, every evening after dinner for about an hour, me and the doggies relax in the garage!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm jealous...that is really nice!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Tina said...

It does look more like a Florida room (and a nice, big one at that!). Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home