Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Friday, July 25, 2008

Has it been almost a month?

Geez, I guess I've really been neglecting my blog, haven't I?

Ok, let's see what's been going on. We've been busy trying to get all of our paperwork together and our house all in order for the foster care process which in itself has been a lot of work. We've also been busy with work. Doug has had a couple of special assignments and ended up working quite a bit of overtime this month.

On the crochet front I whipped up a beautiful baby blanket for a co-worker who's wife just had a baby girl (will post a pic once I get it uploaded) and am working on a really pretty pineapple shawl which is about 3/4 of the way finished!

I've been spending a lot of time out in the garage painting. I finished the 2 paint by numbers sets that Doug got me for my birthday and I think I will get a new one this weekend. It's really nice in the evenings to go out there, listen to an audio book and paint. Fozzy and Tweety love to go out there with me and bark at the people who walk by and I esp love it when we get a nice storm, watching it from the safety of the garage. We had a really doozy of a storm last week that was so bad I had to put Fozzy in the house he about had a heart attack. Tweety doesn't even notice but he doesn't like storms. It was raining sideways, the wind was just blowing and the lighting and thunder was so loud but it was really cool to kind of watch it being outside but not being outside. It's really nice having those screen doors on the garage. I never knew how much I would love it out there but I do...

Today Doug and I went to Orlando and had a great time. We went to see "The Dark Knight" at the IMAX which was incredible and went to Giodorno's Pizza for their famous stuffed pizza. YUMMY! Last weekend I saw Mama Mia which was also fantastic! Pierce Brosnan should never ever sing in public again but everyone else was amazing in the film. I have a gift cert coming for Amazon and can't wait til it get's here so I can order the soundtrack.

My weight loss hasn't been good this month. So far I've gained 4.2 pounds back. UGH! I don't get it, I've been counting and really been careful but I have been going up. I'm sure that wonderful stuffed pizza I had today didn't help either but it was the first time I had it in almost 10 years. I really need to start walking in the evenings and start "moving" a little more. I also need to get diligient about making my breakfast for the week. On Sunday, If I make ahead of time breakfast burritos for the whole week (they are 5 points each how I make them) they are great for my first break in the morning and keep me satisfied til lunch then I'm fine, but if I don't, then I'll buy a muffin out of the machine which is just awful. I think one of those muffins is like 20 points or something insane like that. I must make my breakfast burritos on Sunday!!!!!

We have another 8 weeks left in this cycle of Weight Watchers and I really want to hit my 10% mark. I am still close even with the gain of 4 pounds. I really want to get it. Wish me luck!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home