Donna Lynn's Blog

I'm a 34 yr old, happily married woman with the 2 most wonderful doggies in the world! I live in Florida and love all types of crafting! Right now my fave thing to do with my hands is crochet!!!


Sunday, June 22, 2008

21.4 pounds and 4 pant sizes down!!!!

On Tuesday I was pleasantly surprised after getting on the scale at Weight Watchers and finding out that I not only FINALLY hit the 20 pound mark (after teetering near it for a month and a half!) but I surpased it!!!

I knew I had also lost a lost of inches since starting this journey and jokingly told Doug I thought it was about time I went and bought a new outfit. He actually looked at me and said "I think you deserve it." I was so thrilled to go shopping! It was so great to not have to go for the largest things on the rack like I used to! Anyway, I grabbed a bunch of stuff, went into the changing room and nothing I got fit! Everything I grabbed was too big! I couldn't believe how much I had gone down! After all was said and done I am officially down 4 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes!!!!!

Doug took a couple of pics of me in my new outfit and for comparison's sake I also included a picture of me at the exact same time last year. I think I have toned down in my arms quite a bit and I've lost a lot in my face. I really need to find a way to get my calves to go down. They are still huge. It is hereditary. My grandma who is a toothpick has very large calves. So even though I'm 4 pant sizes down, it's only in shorts or capris because in blue jeans I cannot get the pant legs over my monster calves yet. UGH! So for now I'm forced to wear my oooober loose jeans until I can find a way to lose some weight in my calves...

Other than that I'm thrilled that this program is working for me and just wish Doug was having a better time with it. I know it helps that I stuck with going to the meetings. That really is helping to keep me on track!




4 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! Look at you! You are looking great!!!!!
You are doing such a great and wonderful job! Keep it up!

I have the same problem with my calves. They have always been huge, even when I wasn't.

Anyway you are looking great, you can really tell in your face you're losing!
Congrats! You are an inspiration!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Donnalynn, I am overjoyed with your success! You look great :)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Good for you!!!! You look great!!! I've officially lost 25 since January but can't seem to get any more down....I'm not giving up tho!!!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger DixieRedHead said...

DonnaLynn, I'm so proud of you. You look amazing! You have quite an achievement already! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home